Broccoli Stir Fry with Ginger and Garlic Sauce Recipe
My recipe for Broccoli Stir Fry with Ginger and Garlic Sauce is easy and healthy. This broccoli stir fry recipe is a lightened up and healthier version than what you can order at a Chinese restaurant and you can serve it as a delicious side dish for your next Allergy Aware Asian Fare meal.
My mom and mother in law were at my house recently and they were talking about how delicious Chinese restaurant style broccoli stir fry tastes in dishes such as broccoli beef. The broccoli pieces are bright green, lightly cooked, and still very tender. The florets soak up the sauce like an artist’s brush soaks up paint to tickle our palette. I don’t know how Chinese restaurants do it, but my broccoli stir fry recipe comes close to capturing all of the goodness of Chinese restaurant cooked broccoli without the excessive saltiness and oil.
Allergy Aware Sauces
The broccoli stir fry recipe as written is free of the top 8 allergens (except for coconut) and is a nut-free, soy-free, seafood free recipe.
A more traditional broccoli stir fry recipe would use soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil to create a sauce: 1 Tablespoon soy sauce + 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce + 1 teaspoon sesame oil + 1/2 teaspoon sugar + 2 teaspoon water + 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- If you are allergic to soy, use a soy sauce alternative.
- If you are allergic to seafood, simply omit the oyster sauce and use an extra teaspoon of soy sauce (or alternative).
- If you are allergic to both soy sauce and shellfish, try making a batch of top 8 allergen free soy-free soy sauce.
- If you are allergic to sesame, then simply omit.
- If you’re new to Nut Free Wok or wondering what which brand of ingredients that I use, be sure to read What’s In Nut Free Wok’s Cupboard.
Cooking tip:to quickly mince ginger or garlic, smash the whole garlic or piece of ginger with the side of cleaver (left in the photo below), then gather up the pieces and cut crosswise (right). Run the cleaver through the chopped pieces a few times and you will quickly have a mince in just a few minutes (not shown, but you get the idea!)..
Broccoli with Ginger and Garlic Sauce Stir Fry
- 2tablespoonscoconut amino
- 1teaspoonsesame oil
- 1bunch of broccoliabout 1 pound
- 1teaspoonolive oil
- 2clovesgarlic minced1 teaspoon
- 1inchpiece of gingerminced (1 teaspoon)
- 1scallionchopped (1 tablespoon)
- Combine coconut amino, sesame oil, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Cut broccoli florets into 1 inch, bite sized pieces.
- Peel broccoli stems and cut into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Fill a 4 qt (medium) pot halfway with water and bring to boil, then add broccoli pieces and blanch for 1 minute.
- Drain the broccoli in a colander and rinse with cold water, drain.
- Heat up a large frying pan or wok at medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and swirl pan to coat.
- Add garlic and ginger, stir fry for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add scallions, stir fry for 30 seconds and add broccoli pieces, stir fry for 1 minute.
- Stir the coconut amino and cornstarch mixture and add to the broccoli stir fry.
- Stir fry until the broccoli is heated through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
See the original blog post on how to adapt the recipe for your allergies. A more traditional broccoli stir fry recipe would use soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil to create a sauce: 1 Tablespoon soy sauce + 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce + 1 teaspoon sesame oil + 1/2 teaspoon sugar + 2 teaspoon water + 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
Please help me out!
The best way to see every post or recipe is to subscribe to Nut Free Wok’s email subscription (be sure to respond to the confirmation email). You will to be notified by email next time I publish another post or recipe and I won’t send you spam or share you email with anyone.
If you enjoyed this post, please use the social media buttons below to share with others. I am on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram as @nutfreewok and it’s great to chat and interact on social media too.
I may mention the names of stores and/or brand names of products that I use, I have not been paid or solicited by any of the above companies to mention them. I share products and sources which I use and think may be helpful to readers, all opinions are my own. Please note that manufacturing practices and ingredients can change at anytime without notice and readers are always responsible for assuring allergen safety before buying or consuming foods. NutFreeWok.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.